Being part of ASCO Aerospace USA is much more than working for a leading internationally recognized company in the Aerospace aircraft industry. ASCO is a family business that takes long-term strategies and principals into its business plans for which its employees are our number one resource and priority. This means you will be part of a challenging, innovative, and growing business. ASCO values employees seeking a culture based on working together with our customers, suppliers and each other. The ability to bring new ideas to reality, working as a team and taking ownership in achieving program objectives is part of our fundamental culture.
Position is Located in Stillwater, OK
ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
ASCO operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and recently also the USA with over 1,300 employees and an annual sales exceeding 250 million euros. ASCO produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
Purpose of the Job
This position performs quality conformance checks, problem solving and measurement to verify product visually and dimensionally for conformance to manufacturing drawings, specifications and supplier/customer requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Performs duties of Quality Operator in testing, evaluation, validation of processes, and assisting production operators.
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
• Basic problem solving skills and basic math required.
• Function within a flexible task operations system in a cross functional/cross trained environment.
• Use of various measuring devices typically used for quality verification.
• Cleans and maintains tools and equipment used in the work area and keeps the work area clean.
• Contribute in 5S and Lean manufacturing processes, including Kaizen (continuous improvement)
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management as part of a cross training/cross functioning skill and performance based team environment.
• Work in a safe manner following safety guidelines and policies
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following Asco guidelines
• Potential for travel – domestic and/or international
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree a plus
• Manufacturing experience required.
• 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent relevant education, preferred
• Experience in Quality responsibilities preferred.
• Must be able to use gages, surface plates, etc.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Very good organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to document data accurately.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret drawing tolerances and specifications, preferred.
• Must enjoy working in a team environment and be willing to accommodate flexible working schedules, including shift work.
• Must be able to demonstrate safe practices and follow safety guidelines.
• Work under minimal supervision while handling multiple job requirements.
• Be able to regularly handle items weighing up to 25 pounds and occasionally handle items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Good manual dexterity with the ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time in a repetitive manufacturing environment.
• Participate in a cross training/cross functioning skill and performance based team environment.
• Pass visual and physical exams if required.
• Must be able to travel - domestic and international, if required.
• Must be currently eligible/authorized to work in the United States.
Asco Aerospace USA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
List of Benefits:
Click the apply button above to be considered for this role.