Title: Project Engineer FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Project Manager
Every member of the U.S. Engineering family is expected to understand and consistently demonstrate the following Core Values:
- Exhibit integrity in everything we do.
- Listen, identify and respond to customer needs.
- Provide quality, on schedule, at a competitive price.
- Respect, challenge and recognize each employee.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
Assists Project Manager with a variety of project related functions, including planning and coordinating onsite construction activities for designated projects, to ensure that project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Draft RFIs (Request for Information) and Proposal Letters
- Review submittals and specifications
- Assist in documentation and budget control
- Take project meeting minutes and document substitution requests
- Assist Project Manager in the development and nurturing of client relationships
- Estimating change orders
- Develop and help monitor the project schedule
- Maintain procurement, proposal and correspondence logs
- Facilitate quality control measures
- Select products
- Perform man power loading charts
- Prepare and maintain productivity reports
- Direct entry and extension of change orders to subcontractors
- Develop O & M manuals
- Perform cost coding
- Materials recaps and material purchases
- Assist in safety programs and commissioning
- Perform or assist in value engineering
- Project Forecasting
Scope of work may vary, from working on one large project, to several smaller size projects.
X Individual Contributor – no subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Science, or Architectural Engineering preferred.
- Equivalent technical training and related experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years technical or administrative experience in HVAC, piping, and plumbing at a commercial, industrial, or institutional level.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of construction engineering technology, processes and standards
- Team orientation and collaborative spirit
- Self motivation; ability to drive results
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to develop and foster strong professional relationships
- Basic level of business acumen
- Ability to proactively identify potential problems and their solutions
Physical and/or travel demands:
- Routine driving to project sites required. Work will be done in a combination of office and job site environments.
- Travel to, temporary assignment, or relocation may be required based on project needs and locations.
- Physical demands include walking on uneven surfaces, climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, lifting. Position includes sitting and standing, use of telephone, keyboard, and computer monitor.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and job specifications required of employees so classified. U.S. Engineering reserves the right to revise as needed. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.